Statement of Need/Program Overview
The Stanford Retina Innovation Summit will take place virtually over 3 sessions. The summit series will focus exclusively on the latest, game-changing innovations in medical and surgical retina, imaging, and pharmacotherapy. Topics will include the latest retina pharmacotherapy clinical trials data, updates on artificial intelligence (AI) for diagnosis, advances in molecular surgery for the precision treatment of previously untreatable blinding diseases, and novel drug delivery technologies designed to improve patient care. The program will also focus on the role of imaging in determining new biomarkers for disease. Surgical innovation will be addressed in terms of new instrumentation, visualization enhancements, and image-guided surgery.
This meeting will showcase the journey and insights of leaders in retinal innovation, with the goal of equipping retina specialists to work collaboratively to solve unmet needs for our patients.
The educational design of this activity addresses the needs of practicing retina specialists, retinal fellows in training, and vitreoretinal surgeons involved in the treatment of patients with retinal disease.
- Examine the latest clinical data on emerging pharmacotherapeutics in retina
- Evaluate key gene therapy trials for macular and inherited retinal diseases
- Identify strategies for managing inflammation in patients with macular and inherited retinal diseases
- Describe advances in AI and how to integrate AI into clinical practice
- Assess innovations across imaging, medical devices, AI, and pharmacotherapeutics
- Recognize requirements for successful innovation in the academic and private practice settings
- Outline strategies to effectively interact with the FDA as innovators
- National and international faculty
- Innovation and retina practice: How you and your partners can achieve more through entrepreneurship
- Hurdles in new drug development: How to combat ocular inflammation
- Next generation therapies coming to your clinic
- Molecular surgery: Is this the future?
- Gene therapy is great: But is it safe?
- Key insights from top innovators in retina
- Game changing therapeutics
- How will Artificial Intelligence change your practice?
- A.I. in retina: Silicon Valley disruption
- Incorporating innovative advances in retinal imaging into clinical practice